Driver Education Workshops Courses - During the Coronavirus OutbreakIMPORTANT INFORMATION
All our courses are currently ONLINE ONLY. Classroom courses have not yet resumed in the Leicestershire area.
PLEASE NOTE: FROM MARCH 2022 THE NATIONAL MOTORWAY AWARENESS COURSE TIMES WILL INCREASE TO 3 HOURS, THE NEW TIMES OF THE COURSES WILL BE:
MORNING COURSE (AM) – 8:30AM TILL 11:30AM
AFTERNOON COURSE (PM) – 1:00PM TILL 4:00PM
National Motorway Awareness Courses
The National Motorway Awareness Course is targeted at motorists (drivers and riders) who have committed an offence in restricted areas on Smart Motorways.
The current online course we offer lasts for 2 hours and 45 minutes, including 20 minutes to register clients at the start of the course and a 10-minute break.
PLEASE NOTE: From March 2022 the National Motorway Awareness Course times will increase to 3 hours.
The Classroom Course lasts for 3 hours and 45 minutes, including 15 minutes to register clients at the start of the course and a 15-minute break. (This option is currently unavailable.)
The course aims to make Smart Motorways safer and more efficient, providing a better experience for people who use them and work on them.
It does so by:
- Increasing knowledge of the meaning of smart motorway signs;
- Increasing understanding of why variable speed limits are imposed;
- Increasing understanding of how to use emergency areas safely and appropriately;
- Increasing personal responsibility for decisions about complying with rules on smart motorways;
- Increasing perceptions of control over complying with smart motorway regulations.