IMPORTANT INFORMATIONCLASSROOM COURSES
We are currently offering online and limited classroom courses within Leicestershire. If you are unable to attend a course online and wish to book a classroom course, please contact our customer care team on 0116 305 8787 to discuss this option further.
SAFE & CONSIDERABLE DRIVING COURSE
Please note: We are unable to offer the Safe & Considerable Driving course between July and December 2022.
We are currently in the process of organising the return to classroom for this course and anticipate that these will be available from January 2023, but at present do not have any availability for bookings.
In the meantime, if you have been offered an SCD course by the Police and need to book a place please visit: www.ukroed.org.uk/courses/find-course/ to find an alternative course provider.
We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
Terms & Conditions
Driver Education Workshop Terms & Conditions
VERY IMPORTANT: BY BOOKING A PLACE ON THE LEICESTERSHIRE DRIVER EDUCATION WORKSHOPS, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS & CONDITIONS.
- “Scheme” – an offer by the police to complete an educational driver training programme as an alternative to receiving a fine, penalty points or prosecution.
- “Course” – the particular training workshop or course operated by Driver Education Workshops as a member of the Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland Road Safety Partnership in relation to the Scheme.
- “Booking Period” – a period defined by the issuing Police Force by which you must book and pay for the course.
- “Critical Date” – the date specified by the police by which you must complete your course. This is also known as the “Expiry Date” or “Completion Date”.
- “we” and “us” means “Leicestershire Road Safety Partnership (LL&RRSP)/Leicestershire County Council (LCC).
- “you” – means you, the customer, who is the subject of the invite letter.
The Scheme is offered at the sole discretion of the issuing Police Force, as the course provider, Leicestershire County Council, have no authority to amend any of the criteria defined by the issuing Force. Likewise, the issuing Force has no authority to amend the course provided or the terms and conditions set out below.
Should any of the Terms and Conditions not be met the matter will be referred back to the issuing Force, who you should contact for further advice.
Data Protection Act & Privacy/Fair Processing Notice:
The information you provide will be recorded on a national system managed by UKROEd Ltd who develop and administer the National Driver Offender Retraining Scheme on behalf of the Police. Your information may be shared with the Police Force that offered you your course to verify your identity, to update their records, and to ensure you are eligible for the course. If you complete the course, your data will be retained on the national system for three and a half years to check your eligibility for future course offers. Once registered, you can access and update your information at any time by visiting offer.ndors.org.uk. for information on how your data will be processed please visit offer.ndors.org.uk/privacy
Leicestershire County Council will only use your data for the purpose of processing your course offer. Your data will not be used for marketing purposes. By booking a place with Leicestershire Driver Education Workshops, you agree to be bound by our Terms and Conditions. For further information on this, and on how Leicestershire County Council will process your data please visit – https://www.leicestershire.gov.uk/about-the-council/data-protection-and-privacy/fair-processing-notices
a) Booking: You must book and pay the fees for your course within the booking period, by either booking online, or by telephone. When booking online, you can select your preferred date and time. By telephone, you may be offered a selection of dates and times from which to choose.
b) Failure to book: Failure to secure your place, by booking and paying the course fees, within the booking period will mean that you will be ineligible to attend the course.
c) Payment: Payment can be made by most credit and debit cards, by cheque or by postal order. We are unable to accept post-dated cheques. Cheque or postal order payments must be received no less than 21 days before the course date and made payable to Leicestershire County Council.
Once you have booked and paid the fees for your course, your booking and payment are non-transferable and non-refundable.
NOTE: We may, at our absolute and sole discretion, refund any fees and cancel your course under these terms and conditions.
d) Cheques: You agree to pay an administration charge of £3.50 in the event that any cheque is returned to Leicestershire County Council without sufficient funds in your account. In this event, we may cancel your booking, but you may be able to reschedule your course and any subsequent payments must be made by credit/debit card. If you do not make such payment, you will be ineligible to attend the Scheme.
e) Critical Date: You must complete your course by the critical date. If you are unable to complete your course within this time, you will be ineligible to attend the Scheme and are advised to contact the issuing Force.
f) Course completion: You must satisfactorily complete the course, including and not limited to, arriving on time, being present for the entire duration and participating fully without disruption. Satisfactory completion of the course shall be determined at the absolute and sole discretion of the trainer.
g) Non-attendance: If you are unable to attend your course due to exceptional circumstances: e.g. bereavement, medical grounds or you are a parent or carer and your dependant is taken ill, for which you provide documentary evidence, you may be able to reschedule your course, subject to availability and the critical date.
h) Non-completion: If you are unable to complete the full course or if you do not satisfactorily complete your course, at the sole discretion of the course tutor, the following actions apply;
1. Late Arrival: you may be refused entry and will be ineligible to attend the course. Subject to the critical date it may be possible to reschedule your course. However, you may incur rescheduling fees and you may be required to provide evidence to support your late arrival.
2. Failure to establish your identity satisfactorily: you will be refused entry and will be ineligible to attend the Scheme. Subject to the critical date we may be able to reschedule your course, however, you may incur rescheduling fees.
3. Because you are under the influence of alcohol or drugs: you will be refused entry to the course and will be ineligible to attend the Scheme. You will not be able to reschedule and no refund of original course fees will be made.
4. Because you are abusive, disruptive or fail to participate fully: you will be ejected from the course and will be ineligible to attend the Scheme. You will not be able to reschedule and no refund of original course fees will be made.
i) Personal identification: At the start of your course you will be asked to show Photographic Identification to our trainer privately. These must be the physical original ID’s. Acceptable forms of photographic identification are:
- Photocard Driving Licence
- A valid passport
- An expired passport, providing you are recognisable
- Formal ID Cards (armed forces, police, student union, company ID card)
- Tachograph Card
- Local Authority/Taxi ID
- Blue Badge (parking for people with disabilities)
- Firearms Certificate/Shotgun Licence
Failure to produce the above documentation to our Trainer, will disqualify you from attending the course and the matter will be referred back to the Police.
If the photograph has expired on your Photocard Driving Licence (field 4b on your licence gives the expiry date of the photograph) please do not book a course until you have surrendered it to the DVLA for your photograph to be renewed and it has been returned to you. Renewing your photograph is easy and may prevent you from being summoned to attend the Magistrates Court if you are found driving a motor vehicle with an expired photo. It may also prevent you from receiving a criminal conviction and potentially a maximum fine of up to £1000. To renew your licence please visit your post office to obtain a form or https://www.gov.uk/change-photo-driving-licence. The form and website both explain all the options available to you.
This scheme offer is specific to the person who has admitted to the offence and should be undertaken by that person only.
If it is identified that the person attempting to complete the course is not the person who has admitted the offence or has made a false admission, the option to undertake this course will be withdrawn and those involved will be reported to the issuing Force for consideration of additional and serious legal consequences in relation to a criminal offence.
j) Course cancellation and rescheduling by us: In the event of Leicestershire Driver Education Workshops being unable to deliver your course for any reason outside of our control, we will reschedule your course as soon as possible and in any case by your critical date and it will be free of any additional charge.
k) Special requirements: If you have any special needs or need to attend with an interpreter, you must notify us at the time of booking the course so that suitable arrangements can be made.
l) Mobile phones and/or pagers must be switched off during the course.
m) For legal reasons you MUST NOT make any recordings of the course and please respect the privacy of other clients on the course with you. Anyone caught making recordings of the course will be in breach of our Terms and Conditions and the matter will be referred to the Police.
ADDITIONAL TERMS & CONDITIONS ONLY RELATING TO THE SAFE AND CONSIDERATE DRIVING COURSE
The Safe and Considerate Driving Course is a two-part course, The first part of the course is conducted in the classroom, followed by a break with part two being conducted on the road under the supervision of a qualified Driving Coach.
It is ESSENTIAL that you bring:
Your driving licence, which will be:
EITHER: A photo card driving licence. (Please note: the paper counterpart licence which was issued with photo-card licences until June 2015, is no longer valid and will not be accepted as proof of your driving licence.)
OR: An old-style paper driving licence together with photographic identification. Such as your passport, employment ID card, bus pass.
Your Spectacles/Contact Lenses if needed for driving – You will be required to undertake is the eyesight test, which is a statutory requirement to drive a motor vehicle on a public highway. You must be able to read a number plate with or without glasses in good daylight at a distance of 20.5 metres (67 feet) or 20 metres (65 feet) if it is a new style number plate.
Your insurance details for your car if you have requested to use your own vehicle, which has been specially adapted for your needs.
If for some reason you do not have your driving licence available for attending the course, we may be able to help. Please contact the office on 0116 305 8787, giving us at least 24 hours’ notice before your course date.
Failure to produce the needed Items and documentation will disqualify you from attending the course.
Course dates can only be changed in exceptional circumstances. Evidence will be required in certain situations. If you are offered a new date no further dates will be offered thereafter. Please note a charge may also apply if we have to change your date.
Please Note: From July 2020 to July 2022, we offered an online option for attending the Safe and Considerate Driving Course (iSCD):
Part one – the theory part of the course was conducted as an online course for 3 hours.
Part two – of the course consists of a half day practical on the road element with a qualified Driving Coach. You will be contacted to arrange this at a later date,
In order for you to complete the full course, they must attend and complete both parts of the course. If you fail to attend the 2nd part of the course at a later date your file will be referred back to the Police.
ADDITIONAL TERMS & CONDITIONS ONLY RELATING TO ONLINE COURSES
All online course participants must adhere to the following requirements:
- You will need access to a device i.e. tablet, laptop or desktop with microphone and camera with reliable internet connection capable of streaming video.
- You will need to be in a private room, alone without disturbances. No other members of the household should be in the room with you (unless previously agreed with Drive Education Admin Team).
- Any mobile phones must be switched off for the duration of the course, with the exception that you are using your phone to run the online course.
- If you have any notification sounds set up on the device you are using for the online course, please ensure these are turned off during the course duration, as they can cause disruptions.
- When you arrive at the online digital classroom you will be in a “waiting area” – please be patient and wait for our Trainer to bring you into the main meeting room. The trainer will then run through the general course requirements with you and the other participants. After this, as explained by your Trainer, they will return you and the other participants back to the waiting room, again please be patient. They will then bring each of you individually back into the meeting room, to privately to check your photo identification.
- Please have a pen and paper available.
- You must engage in the course throughout – therefore, please ensure both your Video and Audio are enabled on your device. Advice on muting and unmuting during the course, will be given to you during registration process.
- There are pause areas during the course for any questions, please can we ask that you use these opportunities to raise any points, rather than asking questions throughout, as it will help the course run smoothly.
- When you require the attention of the Trainer or wish to speak, please raise your hand/wave – the Trainer will then acknowledge this as soon as they can.
- You can BRIEFLY turn off video for privacy, for example toilet breaks, but please return within a reasonable time. Please note; Trainers can see how long participants have been absent for and there is a scheduled break during the course. Being absent for a long period of time may affect your completion of the course.
- Should you experience any technical difficulties during the course, signal loss or device failure, please re-join the course as soon as possible. The Trainers will know you have left the course and allow you back in, as long as they feel you have re-joined within a reasonable time and you have not missed too much of the course.
- Should the Trainer feel you have been absent and missed too much of the course to return due to exceptional circumstances or device difficulties, they may not allow you back into the meeting room. At the end of the course the Trainer will notify the Driver Education Office and you will need to contact us to discuss your options.
ADDITIONAL TERMS & CONDITIONS ONLY RELATING TO CLASSROOM COURSES & COVID
As per the current Government advice:
Please consider wearing a face covering – face coverings and face masks can help reduce the chance of you spreading infection to others, especially in crowded and enclosed spaces, and may protect you from becoming infected by some respiratory viruses.
When attending a course, we ask that you follow these basic rules of good hygiene to help to protect you and others from COVID-19 as well as many other common infections:
- cover your nose and mouth when you cough and sneeze
- wash your hands
- clean your surroundings
If you have symptoms of a respiratory infection, such as COVID-19, and you have a high temperature or do not feel well, you are advised to try to stay at home and avoid contact with other people. Please call our office on 0116 305 8787 to discuss your file further.
Phone: 0116 3058787 (Mon – Fri 8:30 – 15:30 excluding Bank Holidays)
Address: Driver Education Workshops, Unit 20, Bridge Business Park, Bridge Park Road, Thurmaston, Leicester, LE4 8BL.