Driver Education Workshops Courses - During the Coronavirus OutbreakIMPORTANT INFORMATION
We are now running digital courses as an alternative to the classroom courses. These will be available until the classroom courses resume.
For more information regarding the recommencement of the classroom courses, please visit: https://www.ukroed.org.uk/ukroed-coronavirus-update-suspension-of-courses-from-9am-20th-march-2020/
If you need to contact us, our telephone opening hours are as follows:
Monday to Friday 8.30am – 3.30pm
Please be aware, our phone lines can on occasion experience high waiting times and we ask for your patience and understanding during these periods.
Alternatively, you can email email@example.com
PLEASE NOTE: We are currently experiencing issues with some online rebooking's requesting payment be made again. If this occurs, please discontinue the rebooking process.
Please do not make another payment, in this case please contact our office to rebook your course.
Safe & Considerate Driving Courses: Course Content
This course aims to create safer communities by increasing the likelihood that participants drive safely and considerately, in line with the Highway Code. It has the following objectives to Increase understanding of:
- What constitutes safe and considerate driving, and the ways in which the Highway Code supports this.
- The causes and negative consequences – for drivers and for others – of risky and inconsiderate driving.
- Personal susceptibility to these consequences.
- The extent to which other road users drive in accordance with the Highway Code – and expect them to do so too.
- The importance of concentration, observation, anticipation and allowing adequate space and time.
- Awareness of the reasons why certain driving habits are unsafe or inconsiderate, and create an action plan to address personally relevant issues.
- Improving driving behaviours and skills through practical, personalised, on-road coaching.
What can you expect from us?
Part one of the course – the online theory section is given by 1 experienced Trainers, who has a road safety background either as a driving instructor or road safety tutor. The course has been designed by professionals to improve driver safety.
(Please note: Part one of the classroom based theory course can be presented with up to 2 trainers, but this option is currently unavailable.)
Part two of the course the on road practical element will be with a Driving Coach, these are fully trained to provide this specialised service. The Coaches are responsive to your individual needs and concerns.
What we expect from you
Satisfactory completion of the course which involves:
- Attending the full course
- Making a positive contribution to the course
- Demonstrating a willingness to improve your driving
- Completing all course paperwork