We are currently offering online and limited classroom courses within Leicestershire. If you are unable to attend a course online and wish to book a classroom course, please contact our customer care team on 0116 305 8787 to discuss this option further.
Safe & Considerate Driving Courses: Course Content
Please note: We are currently offering a limited number of places for this course from January 2023 onwards.
However, places will be offered to Leicestershire Police Course Referrals as a priority. We may offer remaining places on a first come, first served basis to referrals from other Police forces.
Please contact our office on 0116 305 8787 to enquire about our availability for this course.
Alternatively, you can visit: www.ukroed.org.uk/courses/find-course/ to find an alternative course provider.
This course aims to create safer communities by increasing the likelihood that participants drive safely and considerately, in line with the Highway Code. It has the following objectives to Increase understanding of:
- What constitutes safe and considerate driving, and the ways in which the Highway Code supports this.
- The causes and negative consequences – for drivers and for others – of risky and inconsiderate driving.
- Personal susceptibility to these consequences.
- The extent to which other road users drive in accordance with the Highway Code – and expect them to do so too.
- The importance of concentration, observation, anticipation and allowing adequate space and time.
- Awareness of the reasons why certain driving habits are unsafe or inconsiderate, and create an action plan to address personally relevant issues.
- Improving driving behaviours and skills through practical, personalised, on-road coaching.
What can you expect from us?
This is an all day course in two parts – It starts in the classroom with the theory section given by experienced Trainers, who have a road safety background either as a driving instructor or road safety tutor. The course has been designed by professionals to improve driver safety.
The second part of the course is an on road practical element and will be with a Driving Coach, these are fully trained to provide this specialised service. The Coaches are responsive to your individual needs and concerns.
What we expect from you
Satisfactory completion of the course which involves:
- Attending the full course
- Making a positive contribution to the course
- Demonstrating a willingness to improve your driving
- Completing all course paperwork