We are currently offering online and limited classroom courses within Leicestershire. If you are unable to attend a course online and wish to book a classroom course, please contact our customer care team on 0116 305 8787 to discuss this option further.
Recruitment: Other Approved Driving Instructors (ADIs) Opportunities available
We are also looking to recruit Approved Driving Instructors (ADI’s) to deliver on the road training for our in-house Safer Driving With Age (SAGE) courses and off-road training at Mallory Park for our Pre-Driver Day (PDD) courses.
As a self-employed ADI you will be required to have on road coaching experience and excellent interpersonal skills. Be able to undertake a challenging and varied role, ensuring you deliver a high-quality experience for our customers through professional coaching delivery. As our ADIs are self-employed, it would be your responsibility to register and file your own annual tax and NI returns, for all payments received from Leicestershire County Council.
ADI Person Specification and Profile:
- Hold a full UK driving licence.
- Must be a Driving and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) Advanced Driving Instructor (ADI) With a Minimum of 2 years driver training experience.
- Able to supply your own training car for PDD courses.
- Have excellent knowledge of the Highway Code.
- A good knowledge of driver training and coaching.
- An understanding of behavioural change techniques.
- The ability to communicate in a clear and accurate manor, both verbally and in writing.
- Be able to relate to customers in a one to one and group setting.
- Have experience of delivering driver training with qualified drivers.
- Able to explore different driving scenarios, with a wide range of driver experience levels.
- The ability to challenge customers’ attitudes constructively and encourage them to participate fully in courses.
- The ability to access and use IT equipment.
Leicestershire County Council’s Safe and Sustainable Travel Team offers year 11/12 students, who are 16/17 and have not yet started to drive, the opportunity to take part in a Pre-Driver Day aimed at young people who are interested in learning to drive. The course offers a variety of workshops highlighting key issues faced by young and inexperienced drivers. The course will include an introduction to driving, issues relating to speed, impairment and also a practical off road driving session using the Mallory Park track and paddock area accompanied by a qualified driving instructor in a dual controlled car. More information about PDD and Sage can be found here https://www.tjunction.org.uk/
What we offer:
Current rate of pay for ADI’s for a Pre-driver Day are £215.00
For more information on dates this course is running please visit: https://www.tjunction.org.uk/pre-driver-days/
SAGE is a driving assessment for mature drivers but SAGE is definitely not a driving test! The assessment is based on common sense, safe, skilful, everyday driving. There are no trick questions or unusual manoeuvres.
The assessment will take about one hour to complete and your assessor will be a friendly experienced Approved Driving Instructor. We present each person who completes the assessment with a certificate and written feedback.
What we offer…
Rates of pay are £40 per session for an ADI, work is allocated geographically, so ADI’s are able to work generally within their own work areas. Occasionally, depending on the location of clients ADI’s may be asked to work further from their usual place of work.
Please contact Simon Wilson on 0116 305 0521 or Terry Laywood on 0116 305 4874 for an informal chat about the position.
Please complete and submit your expression of interest by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once we receive an expression of interest we will contact you and arrange to meet somewhere mutually convenient for further discussions.