We are currently offering online and limited classroom courses within Leicestershire. If you are unable to attend a course online and wish to book a classroom course, please contact our customer care team on 0116 305 8787 to discuss this option further.
Recruitment: Self-employed Coaches – Approved Driving Instructors (ADI’s) – for Practical On-Road Sessions
We are looking to recruit Approved Driving Instructors (ADIs) to deliver on the road coaching for our Safe and Considerate Driving Course.
As a self-employed Coach you will be required to have on road coaching experience and excellent interpersonal skills. Be able to undertake a challenging and varied role, ensuring you deliver a high-quality experience for the clients through professional coaching delivery.
Coach Person Specification and Profile
- Hold a full UK driving licence.
- Coaches must be a Driving and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) Advanced Driving Instructor (ADI) with a Minimum of 2 years driver training experience.
- Able to supply your own training car for courses.
- Have excellent knowledge of the Highway Code.
- A good knowledge of driver training and coaching.
- An understanding of behavioural change techniques.
- The ability to communicate in a clear and accurate manor, both verbally and in writing.
- Be able to relate to clients in a one to one and group setting.
- Have experience of delivering driver training with qualified drivers.
- Able to explore different driving scenarios, with a wide range of driver experience levels.
- The ability to challenge clients’ attitudes constructively and encourage them to participate fully in courses.
- The ability to access and use IT equipment, including data entry.
Other Coach Requirements…
As a Coach you would be required to travel to our course venues around the Leicestershire and Rutland area where the course is being run from.
Your role as a Coach will involve carrying out driver coaching in the classroom and on the road. With a maximum of 2 clients per Coach, per session.
You will also need:
- A valid first aid certificate
- a Disclosure and Barring Service (Enhanced) Certificate, for both Children and Adults barring list and registered with the yearly checking service.
- Public Liability Insurance – All NDORS coaches must have this in place to carry out their courses to the value of £2m for each and every claim.
- Provide a copy of your car insurance, check test report and Driving Licence.
Training Requirements to become an NDORS Coach…
We will offer full training to enable you to obtain you national UKROEd Coach licence. This is normally around a day’s training in classroom and on the road, with an assessment of your learning. You would also need to attend and observe a live Safe and Considerate Course take place.
We will also offer additional training for any course required by both UKROEd and Leicestershire County Council, such as first aid and health and safety training. This training will be a mixture of in-person and online training courses.
All coaches will be expected to attend, complete and keep the required training up to date. Coaches will be required to carry this out in their own time, but all training will be provided free of charge and funded by the Driver Education Workshops.
What we offer
Once fully trained we offer a competitive rate of pay at £168.00 per SCD Coach Session, along with a fuel fee at £20 (*please note: the fuel fee has been put in place to cover the rising costs, this fee will be reviewed/withdrawn when appropriate.)
We can run up to 2 SCD courses per month, with coaches required on course days from 11:30am to 3:40pm. Courses offered to Coaches depend on course demand and the availability you offer us. As coaches are self-employed it would be your responsibility to register and file your own annual tax and NI returns, for all payments received from the Driver Education Workshops.
You would be expected to provide us with your availability as far as 12 months ahead. With courses normally allocated 6 to 12 months in advance.
Also, once you have obtained your NDORS Trainer Licence, another perk will be that this licence enables you to carry out work for any other UKROEd course provider anywhere in the country.
Interested in Becoming a Coach?
If you meet all the above criteria, please complete and submit the contact us form below and attach a CV, ensuring it details all the needed Coach person specification.
What Happens Next
We will be in touch with you when carrying out our next recruitment drive. As long as you meet all the needed criteria, as detailed in your CV we will arrange to meet you for an interview. If successful we will begin your training process and help you along your journey to becoming a fully licenced NDORS Coach.
Coach / Trainer Application
"*" indicates required fields